Servings: 12 cookies
- Cream together the non dairy margarine and brown sugar.
- Add the non dairy milk and blend until fully combined.
- Add the flour, oats and salt and mix until just combined.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch round balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- With the palm of your hand, flatten the cookies slightly. Use your thumb to make holes in the middle of the cookies.
- Place 5 chocolate chips in each cookie. Bake at 350ºF for 15-18 minutes.
- When cookies come out of the oven, use a small spoon to swirl the chocolate to a smooth consistency, or leave the shape of chocolate chips. Makes 12 cookies. (You can replace the chocolate chips with fruit jam of choice.)
Recipe Courtesy of Chelsea Lincoln.