- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 apple
- 1 serrano pepper (optional if you don’t like spicy)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Add walnuts and dry seasonings to a food processor (don’t add lemon juice yet) and process to a powder.
- Add lemon juice and pulse until you reach a ground texture…
Alternatively, if you don’t have a food processor, just use your hands or a mortar and pestle to grind the walnuts and mix ingredients together.
- For the salsa, add all ingredients to a food processor or finely chop and mix.
- Stuff your favorite taco shell or keep it raw by using lettuce leafs.
Variations: Top with coconut cream or avocado, hot sauce, lime juice, cilantro and/or serrano pepper slices… Whatever makes you happy!
Recipe courtesy of Jessica Hope