¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
Juice of 1 lime (or 2 Tablespoons)
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 fresh date, pitted
5 cups water, divided
2 cup cooked french green lentils*
2 carrots, thinly slices
1 small onion, chopped
1 bunch green kale, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, ginger, lime juice, rice vinegar, salt, date, and ¼ cup of the water.
- Blend until smooth. Slowly add an additional ¾ cup of the water to get a good consistency. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add the chopped onion and sliced carrot along with ½ cup of water and heat on medium-high heat.
- Let this cook for about 10 minutes to soften the vegetables.
- Add the blended ingredients you set aside, along with the lentils, kale, salt, pepper and the rest of the water.
- Cook for another 15 minutes on medium heat.
* To cook the lentils, simply combine 1 cup of French Green Lentils with 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cover pot with a lid. Cook about 30 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chelsea Lincoln.