3 ½ cups bread crumbs
1 cup vegetable broth
¼ cup non dairy margarine
6 celery stalks, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 teaspoon sage, rubbed
1 teaspoon marjoram
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Melt the margarine over medium high heat in a skillet and add the onion and celery.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- In a medium sized pan, heat the vegetable broth until boiling.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, herbs, salt and cooked celery and onion.
- Stir all of this to combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth, stirring occasionally to cover all the bread crumbs.
- Place stuffing in a greased 9-inch square pan bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes.
*To make your own bread crumbs, cut a loaf of bread in cubes. Place on a large cookie sheet and bake at 300°F for about 20-30 minutes, using a spatula about every 5 minutes to move around the bread so it will dry out evenly.
Recipe Courtesy of Chelsea Lincoln