Tempeh chorizo is so versatile! Use it for tacos, enchiladas, or pizza. Layer it in lasagna, stuff it into peppers. Have it for breakfast with roasted potatoes. It’s unlimited!
Servings: 1 pound or 4 cups
2 tablespoons cumin seed
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground chile
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 pound tempeh
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon tamari
- Mix together all herbs and spices.
- Crumble tempeh and place in mixing bowl. Add herbs and spices. Mix well.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Place tempeh in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until browned. Add small amounts of oil if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add tamari and mix well. Remove from heat.
Recipe courtesy of Kevin Archer*
*Please note, although Food Empowerment Project is linking to other organizations for their work on promoting local and organic produce or fair trade products, we do not necessarily endorse the entire content of their website or mission.