Allspice brings true soul-food flavor to this simple recipe for greens.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups mixed greens, such as kale, collard, mustard, and/or turnip, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Warm olive oil in skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and allspice.
- Continue to sauté until onions become translucent.
- Add greens and cook until they are soft.
- Sprinkle in sea salt. Mix well and remove from heat.
Recipe courtesy of Kevin Archer*
*Please note, although Food Empowerment Project is linking to other organizations for their work on promoting local and organic produce or fair trade products, we do not necessarily endorse the entire content of their website or mission.