- 1 package active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 tsp. of bulk dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar (agave or brown sugar)
- 2/3 C warm water
- 1 2/3 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tsp. of dry herbs – basil, rosemary, etc.
- 2 tsp. vegetable or olive oil
- Stir yeast and sugar into warm water in a small bowl or cup and let stand until foamy (about 10 minutes).
- In a food processor, add flour, salt, nutritional yeast (if using), and herbs. Pulse briefly to mix dry ingredients together.
- Once yeast mixture is ready, pour through top of food processor and process for about 45 seconds, until dough starts to pull away from sides of bowl.
- Add oil, slowly, and process another 60 seconds or so. Dough is ready to go – no additional resting is needed.
- Roll dough to desired shape and size and add your favorite compassionate toppings.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa Taylor