Servings: 8-10 biscuits.
2 ½ cups unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon unrefined cane sugar
½ cup non dairy margarine
1 cup non dairy milk
2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine the non-dairy milk and lemon juice in a measuring cup and let stand a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut in the margarine into the dry mixture until pea-sized. A fork can also be used!
- Pour in the wet ingredients and blend until just combined.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead a couple times.
- Spread the dough out to about ½ to ¾ inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for 15-18 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chelsea Lincoln.