Servings: 18 cupcakes
½ cup non dairy margarine
1 ½ cups unrefined cane sugar
½ cup silken tofu
1 ½ cups coconut milk
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ cups Unbleached White Flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
⅓ cup non dairy margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup shredded coconut
2-5 Tablespoon coconut milk
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and blend, then the tofu and blend some more. Pour in the coconut milk and blend until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and blend until just mixed in.
- Fill greased muffin tins, or cupcake cups about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. When cupcakes are done, the top should spring back when lightly touched.
- Blend the powdered sugar and margarine together.
- Add coconut milk, a little at a time, until you reach the desired texture. Add in the shredded coconut.
- When frosting the cupcakes, dip the frosted top in more shredded coconut.
Recipe Courtesy of Chelsea Lincoln.