These brownies please both factions: the fudgy-brownie party and the cake-like brownie caucus. Do we really need to divide over something so delicious?
Please note: use natural cocoa powder, not the Dutch-processed variety. The acidic characteristics of natural cocoa are critical for ensuring a good rise.
Servings: 1 9×9 Pan
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Lightly oil a 9×9 baking dish, or line with parchment.
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: oil, vanilla, and water.
- Mix wet into dry, stirring only enough to incorporate the ingredients. Batter should be the consistency of frosting.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 375° for approximately 40 minutes. Test with a toothpick.
- Let cool completely in the pan before turning out or slicing.
Recipe Courtesy of Kevin Archer*
*Please note, although Food Empowerment Project is linking to other organizations for their work on promoting local and organic produce or fair trade products, we do not necessarily endorse the entire content of their website or mission.