I know. Maybe it sounds a little far out, but it is so refreshing, nourishing, and delicious. It`s like eating a hug for breakfast
- ½ a ripe avocado
- 1 medium-sized peeled cucumber (you can freeze in advance if you like, then the cucumber acts like an ice cube)
- 1 sliced, frozen banana
- ½ – 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice (I use almond)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup (optional, but so yummy)
- ¼ tsp salt (optional, but brings out the sweetness of the banana)
- Ice cubes as needed
- Toss all ingredients in your blender or food processor.
- Start by pulsing to break up the frozen banana, then move to high speed for thirty seconds to two minutes or so. Depending on the amount of liquid added, you can make this smoothie thick like ice cream (my preference) or thinner.
For something extra decadent, swapping almond milk for coconut milk is ridiculously delicious.
This particular ABC bowl is topped with frozen blueberries, a chopped medjool date, chopped chocolate, ground flax seeds, and cinnamon.
Courtesy of Rose Nelson