4 cinnamon sticks
½ cup ginger, chopped
2 teaspoon peppercorns
20 cloves, whole
10 cardamom pods, whole
8 cups water
½ cup black tea
¾ cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 cups non dairy milk
- Lightly smash the cardamom pods, then combine with the rest of the spices in a large pot.
- Add the water and black tea, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain off using a fine colander and put back into pot.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and milk and heat on medium heat until warm.
Can be served hot or chilled and served cold.
Recipe Courtesy of Chelsea Lincoln.