With your help, Food Empowerment Project has worked tirelessly to build a more equitable, nonviolent, and sustainable food system, and organized structures of support for those most affected.
- We ran a school supply drive for the children of farm workers.
- We grew our chocolate list project, developing a free mobile app to make it easy at the grocery store to buy chocolate not produced using the worst forms of child labor and slavery.
- We successfully encouraged Chicago Vegan Foods to remove palm oil from their products.
- F.E.P.’s work on access to healthy foods in Santa Clara County was cited in the U.S. Human Rights Network’s report to the United Nations Human Rights Committee concerning the implementation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
- We began a project in the city of Vallejo, surveying 100 locations to assess the availability of healthy food.
We are beyond thrilled to have met our goal (thanks to many of you!) for funding the distribution of Food Chain, our vegan retention newsletter. It is packed with information, inspiring stories, recipes, and ways to get more involved in working for food justice. Look for this unique resource for new vegans in 2014!
We’ve also been spreading the word about food justice, veganism, workers’ rights, and environmental sustainability, speaking at events both nationally and internationally.
In 2013, I gave my first talk at TEDx.
We are profoundly grateful to have wonderful supporters like you, as well as amazing volunteers who have organized benefit events to fund this crucial work. It has been the engine of our all-volunteer effort.
You make F.E.P. possible through your support. With your help, we are making real change for humans, animals, and the environment.
To enable us to continue working on your behalf for food equity, I am asking you to help us by making a generous tax-deductible donation as we end the year. We aim to become a staffed organization: we have exciting plans for 2014, and we can’t wait to share our ongoing work with you!
Thank you in advance for donating to F.E.P. as 2013 comes to a close. We wish you the best for a New Year in which we stand together to work for a more equitable food future for the Earth and all its inhabitants.
Food Empowerment Project
P.S. Donations to F.E.P. are tax-deductible!