I will never forget a BBC segment I saw more than 10 years ago in which they exposed the issue of slavery taking place in the chocolate industry. I was horrified that slavery was still happening today for something like chocolate. They interviewed a former slave who had escaped, and when he was asked what he would say to Westerners who eat chocolate, he replied, “When you eat chocolate you are eating my flesh.” I realized, as many vegans would too, that this is what a non-human animal might say.
When I founded Food Empowerment Project (F.E.P.), I knew this had to be focal point of our work. There are a number of injustices that we humans inflict on other beings for profit and, like you, we want to do something about them.
F.E.P. is the only vegan organization that connects the dots and advocates for justice for animals and human animals like no other organization does, and we need your support right now. Please make your tax-deductible donation so we can continue:
- Demanding transparency in the chocolate industry so ethical consumers don’t purchase chocolate that is made with the worst forms of child labor.
- Reaching new and aspiring vegans nationally and internationally with our Food Chain vegan retention newsletter.
- Working on our access to healthy foods project in the City of Vallejo, which received coverage in the local paper.
- Organizing F.E.P.’s second school supply drive in the Bay Area for the children of farm workers.
- Empowering people to stand up for animals through our Sonoma County Chicken Save campaign.
We are truly grateful for your generosity and commitment to standing in solidarity with all those who are still oppressed.
Thank you for being a part of this amazing ongoing effort!
Food Empowerment Project
P.S. It is so easy to make a donation right now online! Your gift of $50 or even $30 will make a difference. You can also contribute to Food Empowerment Project by becoming a monthly supporter, which will help to sustain our work on an ongoing basis.
P.P.S. Please forward this email to people who might be interested in what we do.