- Join F.E.P. at Sonoma County VegFest on August 16th
- Peeling Back the Truth on Bananas webpage live!
- Clif Bar petition closes in on 30,000 signatures!
- Shop at Food Fight! Vegan Grocery on July 31st to benefit F.E.P.
- Hot off the presses! New F.E.P. stickers are now available!
We loved meeting everyone at the Resistance Ecology and AR 2014 conferences, as well as the farm worker solidarity event in Salinas last month.
Thanks so much for joining us in creating a more just and sustainable world through the power of our food choices.
1. Join F.E.P. at Sonoma County VegFest on August 16th
Another chance to say hello! If you live in the Bay Area or will be visiting in mid-August, please join F.E.P. at Sonoma County VegFest and hear lauren speak.
We’ll have a table too, so please stop by (and pick up some new stickers while you’re at it)!
2. Peeling Back the Truth on Bananas webpage live!
We are delighted to announce that our new page on the ethics of bananas is now live. Like our chocolate and coffee articles, “Peeling Back the Truth on Bananas” highlights the realities of banana production and offers helpful advice on how our food choices can make a difference.
3. Clif Bar petition closes in on 30,000 signatures!
A huge thank you to everyone who has signed our Clif Bar Petition! As of this writing, we have nearly 30,000 people asking Clif to disclose the source of their chocolate.
Thank you for adding your voice to the chorus demanding the power to make informed choices. And if you know anyone who hasn’t signed yet, please share the link!
We are grateful to Care2 for highlighting the petition.
4. Shop at Food Fight! Vegan Grocery on July 31st to benefit F.E.P.
On July 31st, Food Fight! is donating 10% of their in-store and online sales to F.E.P.
Food Fight! also has a donation jar out all month that benefits F.E.P., so you may as well toss your change in there while you are buying your favorite vegan treats!
You can support a vegan business and F.E.P. all at the same time!
Thank you, Food Fight!
5. Hot off the presses! New F.E.P. stickers are now available!
Stickers are $1 each or four for $3. Just mail us a check payable to “Food Empowerment Project” and tell us which stickers you want and where to mail them.
Thanks so much to Josh Hooten of The Herbivore Clothing Company for designing the stickers for us.