Drop off dates: Monday, June 2 – Friday, June 13 (until noon)
Food Empowerment Project (F.E.P.) is participating in a student-led coalition to organize a Farm Worker Appreciation Day in Salinas, CA on June 15th.
As part of this, F.E.P. is organizing a food donation drive for the farm workers. Even though farm workers pick the majority of our food, many go without basic needs.
We are asking you to join us in appreciating all that they do. Please donate food so that those who put the food on our plates have some on theirs.
Below is a list of the foods that will be accepted*
- Soymilk, almond milk, rice milk (non-refrigerated)
- Dried beans
- Dried rice
- Dried chilies
- Pre-made tortillas
- Low-sugar cereal
- Whole grain pasta, if available
- Low-sodium cans of corn, green beans, beans (pinto, red, navy)
- Peanut butter
- Tomato sauce
- Black eyed peas
- Corn husks (for making tamales)
- Cooked greens (in the can)
- Yams (canned)
- Sweet potatoes (canned)
- Vegetable broth/vegetable cubes
- Corn meal
- Whole wheat flour
- Dried fruit
- Dried nuts
- 100% fruit juice (in forms for kids lunches)
* We encourage people to not buy products that contain palm oil due to human and non-human animal devastation that is taking place and to please buy organic corn and soy due to GMOs: https://foodispower.org/gmosnanofoods/.